Returning back to school safely is going to take teachers a lot of patience, tips and tricks this year! There are so many unknowns but I know for sure that being organized and clean are going to be play a big role in our Back to School routine.
Here are some ideas for you to think about this school year while planning!
Tips for Teachers Returning Back to School Safely
1. This hand sanitizer holder is pretty neat to place outside of the door. Students use their foot to squirt their hands. I have seen some great motion detected dispensers on Amazon too.
(Photo: Stephanie Deal)
2. This teacher is using individual yoga mats, plastic serving trays and individual bins for supplies to keep her students learning at a distance from each other.
(Photo: Kaycie Huffman)
3. Individual book bins are a MUST this year. Plan on using paper printable books or after a week, place the books on quarantine for a couple weeks before rotating them to the next student.
(Photo: Teaching Little Leaders)
4. If you are meeting students in person this year, teaching Distant Greetings are going to be important to teach that first week back to school. Make a poster or sign to hang at the door for students to easily remember and choose their greeting and goodbye each day from a distance.
(Photo: Teacher’s Brain – Cindy Martin)
5. I love this idea! These are pillowcases turned inside out with individual supply bins inside.
(Photo: Mrs. Classroom Craziness)
6. If you are teaching virtual or in person this year, a virtual Meet the Teacher or Open House will make it easier for you to introduce yourself, the classroom and to get students to get to know each other virtually. Google Slides are perfect for personalizing and sharing with families.
7. Social Distance Posters are perfect for in the classroom to remind students of the new safety rules and procedures for the school year.
Also Check Out: