Need a fun, engaging Introductory Unit for The Practice of Science in K-1? I have you covered with 3 weeks of lesson plans with printables. It covers What is a SCIENTIST, Science Tools, and The Scientific Method with Inquiry lessons!
What’s Inside This Download?
- Pg. 1 Cover
- Pg. 2 Table of Contents
- Pg. 3 HOME CONNECTION
- Pg. 4 Note to Teachers
- Pg. 5 Lesson Plan (What is a Scientist?) WEEK 1
- Pg. 6 Lesson Plan (Science Tools) WEEK 2
- Pg. 7 Lesson Plan (Scientific Method) WEEK 3
- Pg. 8 KWL Chart
- Pg. 9 Draw a Scientist
- Pg. 10 Scientists ARE, CAN, USE
- Pg. 11 Act Out the Motion of a Scientist
- Pg. 12 I SPY Science Tools
- Pg. 13 & 14 Science Tools INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK (just draw pics., for young children)
- Pg. 15 & 16 Science Tools Interactive Notebook (write the definition – for older children)
- Pg. 17 & 18 Measuring Tools (INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK) Activity
- Pg. 19 Hand Lens Experiment Data Sheet
- Pg. 20-22 Science Tools MINI BOOKS
- Pg. 23 Venn Diagram (ruler VS dropper)
- Pg. 24 Writing Prompt- Science Tools
- Pg. 25 Writing Prompt – Scientist & Tools
- Pg. 26 Gummy Bear Science
- Pg. 27 Scientific Method Blank Sheet (You can use this with any experiment all year long)
- Pg. 28 Ask A Friend (Data Collecting)
- Pg. 29 Rainbow Milk Inquiry Instructions (for teachers)
- Pg. 30 Rainbow Milk Inquiry Data Sheet
- Pg. 31 Observing Mixing Colors Data Sheet
- Pg. 32-35 I’m a Scientist HAT HEADBANDS for boys and girls
- Pg. 36-45 What is a Scientist, Science Tools POSTERS (see preview)
- Pg. 46-53 The Scientific Method POSTER Set
- Pg. 54-61 Science Data Notebook with Rubric & Word Bank
- Pg. 62 How to put the Interactive Notebook Pages in the book EXAMPLE
- Pg. 63 Credits
WHAT else do you need for this unit besides the printables?
- ❀ Cardstock for printing the science hats
- ❀ Red, Blue, Yellow Paint
- ❀ Gummy Bears, Water, Cup
- ❀ Science Tools (rulers, balance scale, hand lens, goggles, measuring cups etc.)
- ❀ Q-Tips, Milk, Food coloring, Dish Soap, Scissors, crayons, glue
KNOW YOUR STUDENT’S MISCONCEPTIONS:
They will probably think that a scientist is only a male with glasses and crazy hair from watching TV. They probably won’t all know that a spoon is a scientific tool.
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.
Copyright © 2017 Teacher’s Brain
All rights reserved by author.