Looking for classroom theme ideas for your elementary classroom that will get your students excited to come to class? You’re in the right place! Classroom decorating themes make it fun to come to school, especially at the beginning of the year when students are likely to be a little more nervous than usual.
There are so many fun options to choose from. You can do characters, animals, rainbows, books, etc. These are all amazing but my favorite is definitely beach themed classroom decor! It’s simply timeless and loved by all.
Here are 5 reasons you should have beach themed decor in your classroom
- It’s an easy theme. It’s easy because there are tons of affordable decoration options available. Watch for supplies in ocean colors like blue, white, light green, and tan. You can check out the dollar store for tons of beachy things like leis, inflatables, sunglasses, or even some seashells in the craft supplies section!
- It’s relaxing. As mentioned above, many students feel some nervousness prior to starting a new school year with a new teacher. The beachy vibes and calming blue colors will provide a welcoming environment that will hopefully help calm those nerves a little.
- Students love it. Who doesn’t love a beach vacation? Beach classroom decor brings that summer fun feeling to school.
- It gives the perfect setup for beach themed days. These themed days are classic and for a good reason! We all have a memory of going to school in Hawaiian shirts and sunglasses. Your beach decor will set the perfect scene. Just put on some ocean white noise or a video of the ocean and you’re ready to go!
- You can connect it to your science lessons. Sharks, dolphins, whales, sea turtles, etc. Students love these animals and will be so engaged in their lessons when they are in a beachy environment.
Love the Beach classroom theme? Here’s the perfect resource to help you set up.
This Beach Themed Classroom Decor Bundle is just what you need.
This is a Hawaiian Beach Themed Classroom Decor Editable bundle with pineapples and palm trees! It has 6 Resources bundled using Hawaii photographs and watercolor clip art.
What is included?
Tropical Word Wall
Growth Mindset Posters
Hawaii Photo Alphabet Lines (cursive and print)
Classroom Jobs (editable)
Where Are We Signs
How I Get Home Sign
Calendar Set with watercolors
SO MUCH MORE!
The best part is it comes with editable Powerpoints, so you can personalize it to meet your needs!
Looking for more beachy classroom fun? Check out this Beach Themed Day Activities Resource, Beach Party Escape Room, and this Beach Day Virtual Field Trip! Also, check out this blog post to learn about my favorite ways to bring the beach to the classroom.
What are your favorite beach themed classroom decorations? Let me know in the comments!