Looking for a GREAT activity for your students to help them practice number concepts to 100 in a fun way? Digital Escapes® are a fun way to get students to learn without even realizing it. NO Printing and No Prep needed for this digital escape! Super EASY for in-person or Distance Learning.
Students will click an audio button for directions and watch a video with a problem to solve to help with their first clue. During the escape, students will be tasked with solving 4 lock clues in order to escape the room and place the NUMBER BURGLAR in jail for stealing numbers. There is a pdf included in this download with directions, the link to the site, an answer key, and an optional note taking worksheet for students. This activity takes about 30 minutes to complete.
>>> Check out the VIDEO HOOK Preview
- Listen to short audio directions
- Watch a Video with a Problem (Riddle) SEE VIDEO PREVIEW
- Click to reveal 3 tasks for the secret code lock.
- Solve a Jigsaw Puzzle (also a riddle).
- Click 10 Groups of 10 hearts to equal 100.
- Work on problem-solving as a group or individually
- Find Missing Numbers (Following Number Patterns)
- End with a treat of your choice or recess after they Escape
POSITIVE Reasons to use a Digital EDUcational Escape:
- NO PREP! (Nothing to make, cut, laminate, hide or buy. Everything is on the Google Site!)
- Students LOVE Digital Escape Rooms
- You can easily share the link in GOOGLE CLASSROOM. Students can complete on Chromebooks, laptops, on an iPad or in a computer lab.
- Work in groups or individual
- GREAT for #DistanceLearning
* This escape was specifically designed for KINDERGARTEN to 2nd Grade with audio directions, a video, and images. There may still be some assistance needed for non-readers. Escapes are supposed to be challenging. Older students can do the escape but it will be quick.
WATCH THE VIDEO PREVIEW
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers:
Q: Do my students need Google Accounts to complete a digital escape room?
A: I do not require a forced copy or anyone to log into a Google Account. This is a “share the Google Site link,” and ready to go.
⚠️⚠️⚠️ PLEASE READ-DISCLOSURE ⚠️⚠️⚠️
PLEASE TEST GOOGLE SITES and THESE WEBSITES ON YOUR SCHOOL COMPUTERS FIRST. TRY THIS TEST SITE.
1. MAKE SURE YOUR DISTRICT DOES NOT BLOCK YOU FROM USING JIGSAWPLANET.COM, EDPUZZLE or YOUTUBE. THERE MAY BE A LINK TO THESE SITES IN THE ESCAPE ROOM.
2. Also, please make sure your district DOES NOT BLOCK OUTSIDE GOOGLE SITES. I would check with your IT department.
3. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE if this site is not working in your school. This is probably due to firewalls and sites your school district is blocking. I cannot control these issues.
Purchasing my teaching resources allows you to:
⭐ make copies for your own classes only.
⭐ place this file on your own password-protected class page or server (Blackboard, Google Drive, etc)
⭐ AS LONG AS no other teacher has access to that class webpage. This resource is for you, the purchaser, alone.
By purchasing my teaching resource, you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
⭐ make copies for other teachers or their classes.
⭐ distribute this digital resource to other teachers.
⭐ post this resource on any webpage or server that is available for public view, for other teachers.
If you and a team of teachers would like to use this resource together, please purchase additional discounted licenses on the resource purchase page.
Copyright © 2021 Teacher’s Brain
All rights reserved by the author.