Engage families in a fun Literacy Night or use in a single classroom to reinforce sight words, blends, and problem-solving skills. Students solve 3 clues to help a paleontologist find a missing baby dinosaur. They will have to open a box with surprises to escape their room! *NO locks or fancy boxes needed!
What is in this download?
An Editable PowerPoint is included to personalize and to adapt to any grade. The artwork is copyright protected. Only words can be edited to personalize your student’s experience.
- Pg. 1 Cover
- Pg. 2 Table of Contents
- Pg. 3 Directions (with background music link)
- Pg. 4 Materials Needed
- Pg. 5 Set-Up Checklist
- Pg. 6 TRAPPED LETTER (Use with CLUE 1)
- Pg. 7 – 12 CLUE 1 (Two sets of sight words with beginning blends so you can differentiate if needed)
- Pg. 13 CLUE 2 Mystery Sight Word Decoder
- Pg. 14 CLUE 3 Riddle
- Pg. 15-18 Dinosaur Clue Posters Large (place under chairs)
- Pg. 19 SMALL Dinosaur Clues (to use for LARGE groups of participants)
- Pg. 20 Missing Poster (Baby Ankylosaurus, for Display Only)
- Pg. 21 Missing Poster (blank to add your own image)
- Pg. 22 Baby Ankylosaurus (FOUND poster to put in box)
- Pg. 23 Secret Whisper Collector Poster (place on exit door)
- Pg. 24 – 26 Top Secret Covers to put on Folders (optional)
- Pg. 27 Help Cards (one per person)
- Pg. 28 Homework Passes (for prizes in the box)
- Pg. 29 Certificates (optional)
- Pg. 30 Mystery Decoder Answer Key
- Pg. 31-33 Literacy Night Invite and Reminders
- Pg. 34-38 PHOTOS of Suggested Set Up
- Pg. 39 CLASSROOM Directions
- Pg. 40 Credits
It takes about 60 minutes to set up depending on the amount of students participating. I enlist volunteers to help put it all together. It lasts about 20-30 min. to solve all the clues.
Check out the PREVIEW
NOTE: If you are purchasing for a whole school, please remember to buy a lower-priced license for each classroom participating. The price is per classroom.
Copyright © 2018 Teacher’s Brain
All rights reserved by author.