Fun Alphabet Practice Activities For Kids
Alphabet writing practice is one of the most important parts of preschool or kindergarten instruction. Getting familiar and comfortable recognizing, writing, and using the alphabet is a foundational skill that students will use for the rest of their lives! That’s why it’s so important to make it as fun as possible!
The more fun kids have, the more engaged in learning they will be!
How can I make learning the alphabet fun?
The sky is the limit when it comes to learning the alphabet. Here are some of my favorite alphabet activities for kids.
- Stamp pads. Get some alphabet stamping supplies and let students have fun practicing letters with stamps
- Finger paint. Let students get their hands dirty and finger-paint the letters.
- Sand tables. This one is great if you have the supplies. Simply have students write their letters in the sand.
- Shaving cream. Simply spray some shaving cream on each desk, spread it out, and let students write letters in it!
- Lego Letters. Get out some Lego blocks and have students build the letters with them.
- Pipe Cleaners. Twist pipe cleaners to make letters.
- Dry Erase Boards. Practice writing and erasing letters with dry-erase markers and boards.
- Sidewalk Chalk. Decorate the sidewalk with letters.
- Have a letter scavenger hunt.
- Play I Spy with the alphabet.
There are so many ways to get creative with learning the alphabet. If you are looking for some traditional alphabet practice sheets or even alphabet tracing worksheets, I have you covered!
This Alphabet Writing Practice Bundle comes with everything you need!
It comes with alphabet worksheets, alphabet tracing, and alphabet crafts for every letter A-Z!
These provide hands-on options as well as worksheets to help with busy mornings. Students will learn how to work independently after the first couple of letter sets are used because every unit follows the same pattern. There are plenty of things to choose from for the week if you are doing a letter a week. Students will practice fine motor skills with writing, cutting, and tracing.
What is the download?
- LETTER A: 16 printables which include 3 crafts, a spinning game, letter identification, forming letters, playdough letters, BINGO daubing, tracing letters (upper and lowercase), letter sounds, and beginning sounds of words.
- LETTER B: 16 printables which include 3 crafts, a spinning game, letter identification, forming letters, playdough letters, BINGO daubing, tracing letters, letter sounds, and beginning sounds of words.
- LETTERS C-Z These will follow the same format as units for letters A & B, but with different crafts.
Want to try it out for FREE? Check out my free Alphabet Worksheets and Crafts resource here!
Let your students have a blast while they master identifying the upper and lowercase letters, reviewing the sound, writing letters, and creating crafts with these printable practice pages. These make morning work, literacy centers, small groups, or home reviews a breeze!
What’s in the download?
P. 1 Cover
p. 2 More Resources
P. 3 Letter Aa practice
P. 4 Letter B Mini Book
P. 5 Letter C Play-Doh Trace
P. 6-7 Letter A Alligator Craft
P. 8-9 Letter T Tiger Craft
P. 10 Color by Code Letter L
P. 11 Answer Key
P. 12 CREDITS
What are your favorite alphabet practice activities? Let me know in the comments!