We all know that teaching letters to our little ones can be an exciting and crucial milestone. If you’re looking for a delightful collection of interactive and engaging letter work activities for kindergarten learners, you’re in the right place! From letter hunts to multi-sensory creations, you’ll love these ways to make letter learning a joyous experience for our little learners.
Here are some letter work activities your students will love:
Letter of the Week
Introduce one letter each week, and make it super exciting! Decorate the classroom with pictures of things that start with that letter, read books featuring the letter, and encourage kids to bring in items from home that begin with the letter of the week.
Engage your kiddos in hands-on activities involving different senses. Use materials like sand or shaving cream for letter writing, have them mold letters out of playdough, or use finger paint to create letter art (more exciting alphabet activities here!)
Turn letter recognition into an adventure! Organize letter hunts around the classroom or school. Give them a list of letters to find, and when they spot one, they can call it out with excitement.
Letter Sounds Practice
Once they get a good grasp of individual letter names, introduce letter sounds. You can do this through playful activities like “What Sound Does it Make?” where you show them pictures of objects and ask which letter sound they hear at the beginning.
Letter Writing Practice
Provide them with plenty of opportunities to practice writing the letters. Start with large-sized letters on paper or whiteboards, and as they improve, gradually move to smaller ones.
If you’re looking for a resource that has everything you need to make letter work fun and easy and more, I have you covered!
I have you covered with this huge endless curriculum bundle of bundles with a MASSIVE AMOUNT of materials made with kindergarten in mind! Even assessments are included.
- Guided Reading
- Monthly Writing Themed Journals
- Morning Work Journals
- Kindergarten Math Centers
- Social Studies
Check out the YouTube Tutorial!
Reading Curriculum includes activities, lesson plans and assessments for:
- Phonemic awareness
Kindergarten Math Centers includes activities, lesson plans and assessments for:
- Unit 1 Kindergarten Math Centers Numbers 1-5
- Unit 2 Kindergarten Math Centers Numbers 1-10
- Unit 3 Kindergarten Math Centers Sorting and Classifying
- Unit 4 Kindergarten Math Centers Addition within 5
- Unit 5 Kindergarten Math Centers Counting Sets to 20
- Unit 6 Kindergarten Math Centers Measurement and Data
- Unit 7 Kindergarten Math Centers WORD PROBLEMS
- Unit 8 Kindergarten Math Centers GRAPHS and DATA
- Unit 9 Kindergarten Math Centers 2D and 3D Shapes | Geometry
- Unit 10 Place Value 11-19 Teen Numbers
- Unit 11 Kindergarten Math Centers COMPARING NUMBERS
- Unit 12 Kindergarten Math Centers Addition to 10
- Unit 13 Kindergarten Math Centers SUBTRACTION to 10
- Unit 14 Telling Time and Money Kindergarten Math Centers
SCIENCE includes activities, lesson plans and assessments for:
- Practice of Science * Tools * What is a Scientist * The Scientific Method
- Five Senses 5 WEEK UNIT
- State of MATTER UNIT (Printables, Experiments, Posters, Journal)
- ENERGY Sound, Heat, and Light 3 Week Plan
- FORCE and MOTION Science 3 WEEK UNIT
- PUSH and PULL Week Unit Plan with Inquiry
- DAY AND NIGHT Week UNIT
- Animals Life Science 2 WEEK UNIT
- Plants 3 Week Unit for Kindergarten and First Grade
- Real Vs Make Believe Lesson Plan & Printables
- Weather Unit – Rain, Snow, Sunny and Stormy
- SUN MOON EARTH and Solar Eclipse Week UNIT
Social Studies includes activities, lesson plans and assessments for:
- American HISTORY Kindergarten and 1st Grade 9 WEEKS
- Geography Kindergarten and 1st Grade – ME ON THE MAP BOOK – 9 WEEKS
- Community Helpers Kindergarten – 1st Grade NINE WEEKS Lesson Plans
- Civics and Government 9 WEEKS
- Money – Economic for Kindergarten and 1st Grade – Journal
- Needs and Wants Activities Kindergarten and 1st Grade
BONUS – Butterfly Life Cycle Flip Book
Writing Journals Included: (with word banks and rubrics)
- January Monthly Writing Prompts Journal
- February Monthly Writing Prompts Journal
- March Monthly Writing Prompts Journal
- April Monthly Writing Prompts Journal
- MAY Monthly Writing Prompts Journal
- JUNE Monthly Writing Prompts Journal
- JULY Monthly Writing Prompts Journal
- August Monthly Writing Prompts Journal
- September Monthly Writing Prompts Journal
- October Monthly Writing Prompts Journal
- NOVEMBER Monthly Writing Prompts Journal
- December Monthly Writing Prompts Journal
BONUS: Silly Story Starters
Kindergarten Morning Work Included:
When I say this has everything, I mean it! Check it out here!
I hope you found these tips and resources helpful! Remember to celebrate progress! Be generous with praise and encouragement. Positive reinforcement goes a long way in building kindergarten students confidence and love for learning!