Valentine’s Day is almost here and if you like to do a little something special for your students to celebrate, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting day after all! There’s candy, kindness, and colorful crafts all around so naturally, students love celebrating.
What should I do at school for Valentine’s Day?
There are so many things you could do to make this day special! Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Decorate Valentine’s Day card boxes or bags. You can make it extra fun by making it a contest and you all get to vote on your favorites at the end.
- Have students create some decorations for your classroom door or bulletin board. Pull out the craft supplies and let students have fun making some decor. Add some sight words or math facts to make it educational.
- Read some Valentine’s Day books. Check out your library for some cute books that will work perfectly for Valentine’s Day.
- Have students exchange “kindness” notes with their friends and other teachers in the building. This is such a great way to spread kindness and smiles! It also gives your students time to work on their writing skills.
- Have a classroom Valentine’s Day card exchange. This is a classic for a good reason! Use the bags or boxes mentioned above to store the cards that students get.
If you’re planning to have a card exchange, you can make it extra special by using DIY Valentine’s Day cards instead of asking parents to send in store-bought cards.
This adds such a special touch and allows students to practice their creativity.
To make it easy and mess-free, you can even make digital Valentine’s Day cards! I created this resource so that you don’t have to do any prep, it’s all done for you.
These digital google slides make it easy for your students to personalize and move editable conversational hearts to give virtually or in person! There is even a name grid provided so students can keep track of who got one and how to spell classmates’ names.
What is in this download?
27 Colorful Google Slides with premade titles, editable text boxes, directions, movable conversational heart parts, and a video tutorial to help you and your students.
- 25 Pre-made Cards (the backgrounds are NOT editable)
- Moveable and Editable Conversational Hearts
- 1 Create Your Own slide (add text and images from your computer or the web)
- An editable grid to add names for students
Check out the video tutorial here!
You can delete slides you don’t want to send to students, and add your own directions or images to the sides of the slides to personalize. These are great for in-person or distance learning.
This resource is perfect if you want some unique Valentine’s Day cards for school that your students can create themselves. You can also use it to create cards for your students too.
What is your favorite activity to do on Valentine’s Day? Let me know in the comments!
For more tips on celebrating Valentine’s Day in the classroom, check out my post here!